|Contactless position sensors|
Measurement of angular position using variation of magnetic field amplitude induced by the displacement of a moving magnet has been intensively developed over the last fifteen years. However, these solutions have limits in terms of angular range and temperature influence.
The touchless technology used by Piher is only sensitive to the flux density coplanar with the IC surface. This allows to decode the absolute rotary (angular) position from 0 to 360 degrees. It enables the design of high performance non-contacting magnetic rotary position sensors for both automotive and industrial applications whithout the limitations of potentiometric solutions (wear, electrical angle...).
Piher sensors adapt to the customer´s shaft so they do not require extra-operations such as assembly of magnet & sensor unlike other solutions in the market.
In combination with the appropriate signal processing, the magnetic flux density of a small magnet (diametral magnetization) rotating above the IC can be measured in a non-contacting way. The angular information is computed from both vectorial components of the flux density (i.e. BX and BY). Then an output signal proportional to the decoded angle is produced. Our sensors do not rely on expensive bearings what affords Piher to offer the best price in the market. The output is selectable between Analog, PWM and Serial Protocol. A configurable switch ouptput is integrated within the sensor too.
Sensing the position, avoiding contact.
The touchless variable air gap sensor creates immunity to radial and axial play on mobile shafts where significant misalignment results in poor operational performance and labour intensive maintenance programmes.
Unparalleled Performance and Integration. Truly non-contacting sensing.
With truly non-contacting sensing (no gears inside subject to wear), high repeatability, low power consumption and wireless option, these sensors provide an all-in-one integrated and maintenance free solution for harsh environments.
Piher rotary contactless absolute sensors can be sealed and flange mounted for easy positioning when necessary. They provide excellent repeatability, accuracy, resolution, linearity and high stability under extreme environment conditions such as vibration, electromagnetic noise, shock, extreme temperatures / humidity, dither, moisture or dirt. Featuring a modular architecture, electrical & mechanical characteristics can be fully customised to customer´s needs.Endless connector / harness configurations are available too.
Piher is a specialist designer and manufacturer of true non-contact absolute sensors for use in harsh environments and custom product tailoring for use on Tier One and OEM platforms including contactless magnetic technology complete sub assemblies.
• Linearity: ±1% absolute (0.5% upon request)
• Simple & robust magnetic design
• Programmable Angular Range up to 360 Degrees (without dead band)
• Programmable Linear Transfer Characteristic(some positive slopes & one negative slope can be programmed in the same transfer characteristic; up to 4 programmable points)
• Selectable Analog (Ratiometric), PWM, Serial Protocol
• Programmable switch output
• Up to 14 bit angular resolution
• Full Redundant option
• Self-Diagnostic features
• Rotational life: 50.000.000 cycles (depending on application and mounting)
• Operating temperature: -40ºC to +150ºC
• Supply voltage: 5V ±10% (others upon request)
• +10V over voltage protection and –10V reverse voltage protection
• IP65 (others upon request)
• Absolute rotary position sensor, angle encoder without bearings
• Pedal position sensor
• Throttle/EGR valve and gear position sensors / Angle sender for throtlle valve
• Height & suspension sensor
• Plant automation
• Non-Contacting potentiometer
• Float-Level sensor
• Motor-shaft position sensor
• Turn counter
• Automated gear selection position sensor
• Chassis ride height position sensor
• Precision robotics,industrial equipment and HVAC monitoring & control...
• Power-train sensors
• Automated gear selection sensor
• Material handling and drilling equipment.
• Valve feedback position sensor.
• Dental chairs and patient lifts .
• Forklift, trailer/truck, bus, agricultural vehicles and crane position sensors
• Valve actuators angle position sensors
• Engine & vehicle stability management sensors
• Solar trackers position sensors
• Crankshaft sensors
• Neutral gear sensors
• Transmision sensors
• Lift position sensors
• Brake Pedal position sensors / Accelerator position sender
• Automated gear selection
• Grape harvesters position sensors
• Steering torque sensors
• Pivot arm angle sensors
• Autosports / motor sports angle sensors
• Wind power generators position sensors
• Suspension sensors
• Air intake sensors (Air flow)
• Clutch position sensors. Gear and Shift sensor. Tailgate position sensor
• Aeronautic position sensors
• Steering column sensor
• Medical devices
• Precision Programmable angle position sensor
• Sensor for tractors and machinery for agriculture and forestry
• Rotary joints & gimbals sensor
• Factory & laboratory automation and process control
• Cost effective replacement for hollow / through shaft resolvers
• Rotary hollow / through shaft position sensors
• Off-highway & motorsport
• Control System Feedback Loops• Public transportation vehicles position sensor
• Harvester position sensor
• Food processing equipment
• Forklift swing rear truck rotary sensor
• Rotary hand control
• Construction machines position sensor
• Magnetic and optical encoders replacement
Hollow / through shaft non-contacting 360° rotary position sensor
14mm and 17mm hollow-shaft diameter available (standard)
Hollow / through shaft hall-effect rotary position sensor
Hollow / through shaft mechanical mount rotary position sensor with integral PCB for fast and easy mounting
El producto MTS-360 ha sido desarrollado a través del proyecto “INVESTIGACION Y DESARROLLO EN SENSORES PARA APLICACIONES MEDICAS”, cofinanciado por la Sociedad Estatal para la Promoción y Atracción de Inversiones Exteriores S.A del Ministerio de Economía y Competitividad, y cofinanciado por el Fondo Europeo de Desarrollo Regional (FEDER).Shift-by-wire actuator HMI sensor.
Replacement for inductive sensors. Angle positioning. Magnetic sensors for non contact measurement. Magnetostrictive Sensor superior replacement. Position feedback protocols supported:PWM, SPI (serial), analog.