Piher strives to be a global leader leader by providing by continued investment in the product line and increased focus on innovative HMI human–machine interface solutions.
With the corporative back up of the multi-million dollar USA based Amphenol Corporation (founded in 1932), with more than 70000 employees worldwide, our guarantee is not only that of an uncompromising attitude towards achieving technological and service leadership, but also one of solid financial strength and stability thus ensuring efficient, low cost production, product innovation and continuity of investment in long-term research and development programmes.
Within Amphenol, Amphenol Advanced Sensors is a member of Amphenol-ASTG, offering an innovative and diverse sensor portfolio, manufactured by sensor specialists companies such as All Sensors Corporation (pressure sensors), including temperature, humidity and moisture, pressure, thermal validation, gas, position, vibration, ultrasonic and ultra-low pressure.
Today it has a diversified presence in high growth markets that it has cultivated over its 75 year history. Amphenol is spread across more than 30 countries in over 100 facilities.
Our long term track record of success reflects in particular the agile, entrepreneurial culture of our management team, who consistently demonstrate an unwavering commitment to creating the greatest value in cost of ownership to customers.
Piher, a company founded in 1950 in Barcelona (Spain), is a specialist manufacturer of standard and custom controls and sensor solutions, also specialised in contactless technologies and outstanding track-record in electronic components in automotive, off-road, aerospace, industrial, marine and appliance sectors.
With over 60 years perfecting product design, automation and process stability for bespoke and standard sensors and controls, Piher is a company with a heritage you can trust.
The pursuit of the most cost-effective total solution for your needs is firmly embedded within our business philosophy, so whatever your requirements are, be sure that Piher will deliver.
+ Configurable and customisable potentiometers catalogue.
+ Bespoke mechatronics.
+ Market-leading thick film carbon technology.
+ Innovative contactless Hall effect solutions for rugged applications.
+ Rapid prototyping and production ramp-up.
+ Superior lead-times.
+ Serving global supply chains from production in Europe and Asia.
+ Worldwide customer support.
We offer both standard and custom engineered solutions that provide high performance in harsh environmental applications.
Piher's products are used in HVAC (Climate Control), Consumer Appliance, Industrial Controls, Automotive AFL (Adaptive Front Lighting), Off Highway Vehicle, Industrial / Instrumentation, Medical, Power Tool and hundreds of other human interface applications. We help customers create break-through products across industry sectors, from medical to small appliance.
Piher´s controls product range include the most advanced features in the market, such as:
- Sizes: 6, 10, 15, 16, 18, 21mm and custom.
- Mounting: SMD, through hole (vertical, horizontal).
- Technology: carbon and cermet.
- IP protection rating: IP54 (6 –15mm).
- Tapers: linear, log, antilog, stepped, custom.
- Mechanical rotation angle: stopper or endless rotation.
- Detents: up to 51.
- Electrical rotation angle: up to 360º.
- Resistive values: up to 5M ohm.
- Resistive tolerance: +/-30%, +/-20%.
- Power rating: up to 0.5W.
- Linearity: min 2.5%.
- Working temperature: -40ºC to +120ºC.
- Cut track, shafts, rotors, terminals.
- Life: up to two million cycles.
- Single or multiturn.
- Leadfree reflow soldering (ask for double reflow potentiometers).
Additional features and optional extras: built-in switch, long life, non-flammable, low torque, cut track, crimped terminals, multiple wiper positions, gang, rotor and shaft colour and version selection, packaging (bulk, tape on reel, ammopack, magazine and embossed tape).
The manufacturing plant is established in the town of Tudela, which is located in Navarra Northern Spain. The site of 44,000 square metres, consists of 14,000 square metres of manufacturing and office space and houses a work force of more than 250 people.
Equipment available includes:
- CAD Systems
- Screen printing equipment installed in a class 100.000 clean room
- Polymerizing and sinterizing ovens
- Laser resistor trimming systems
- Pick and place machines
- High speed metal-piece stamping dies
- Reel to reel electroplating lines. Stamped parts coating capabilities
- Injection moulding machines
- Over-mould injection machines
- Fully automated assembly lines
- On line automated control systems
- MRPII computerised production planning and control system
- 375 m2 EPA* Clean room
- R&D (over 35 dedicated people)
Our Company is highly integrated employing our own in-house technologies
We are experts in the manufacture of:
- Carbon resistive pastes and its deposition on polyester, phenolic paper and plastic substrates.
- Thick film screen printing on ceramic and phenolic substrates
- Metal stamping and plating
- Plastic injection moulding
- Continuous over-moulding injection
- Manufacturing process automation
PIHER OFFERS YOU
Solutions to Customers Needs & Customer Commitment
Our technology, creativity and production capacity enable us to develop, innovative cost effective and highly reliable solutions to resolve our customers requirements. We put at their disposal our experience and "know-how" permitting them to achieve important technical and competitive advantages. The biggest automotive, appliance, multimedia and industrial manufacturers rely on Piher for their custom made sensor & control solutions because they know that only Piher can meet their quality/price requirements. Piher always goes one step ahead...
Our established catalogue of six to twenty one millimetres rotary position sensors and controls can be customised and configured to your needs. In addition, if you cannot find what you are looking for we will design and manufacture any control or sensor solution in any size based on our tried-and-tested technology and processes.
Efficient Production & Delivery
Reliable delivery: We ship as and when agreed
Short lead-times: If not in stock, typically 4 weeks
Our long term success is due to our ability to listen to, pre-empt and respond quickly to market trends and requirements.
We are serving the following markets:
- Aerospace sensors and controls.
- Appliances and consumer controls.
- Automotive including electrical vehicles sensors.
- Industrial sensors and controls.
- Transportation, mining and construction vehicles sensors.
- Agricultural and material handling sensors.
- Medical sensors and controls.
- Automation and robotics sensors and controls.
- Test and measurement sensors and controls.
We strive to quickly and efficiently satisfy customers everyday growing demands for new products and technologies.
Worlwide Distribution Network
The back up of our international subsidiaries and our presence in more than 40 countries assures customers of worldwide coverage providing local service and stock availability.
Worldwide Technical Support
The PIHER name also offers the security, that there will be international technical support available, to help convert customer product ideas in to reality.
In-House On-Going Training Programs
We maintain a permanent employee development and training program to strengthen and reinforce the constant product innovation and quality standard requirements of our customers.
This company has received grants from the Ministry of Industry, the EDER Operative Programme of Navarra, co-funded at 50% by the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF) and the Government of Navarra.. Click here for details
Esta empresa ha recibido ayudas del Fondo Europeo de Desarrollo Regional a través del Programa Operativo FEDER, del Gobierno de Navarra y del Ministerio de Industria, Energía y Turismo. Click aquí para ver más detalles
REGIONAL SALES MANAGER - EUROPE
Factory & Headquarters
Polígono Industrial Municipal
Vial T2 Nº22
31500 Tudela, Spain
[Map this location]
Building 10B2, Jinton Industrial Park
No. 8 Xihu Road, Wujin High-Tech Development Zone
Changzhou, Jiangsu 213164
TECHNICAL SALES MANAGER - NORTH AMERICA
St. Louis, MO
REGIONAL SALES MANAGER - ASIA
Tel: +65 9641 8886
Field applications engineer: