360° Inductive position sensor for absolute angular position or linear motion sensing in automotive, off-highway, industrial, medical and consumer applications.
Our inductive position sensors use the physical principles of induction in a wire loop and eddy currents to detect the position of a solid metallic structure that is sliding or rotating above a set of coils consisting of one transmitter coil and two receiver coils. This Inductive two-part sensors do not require a magnet, just require a metallic object. This allows them to reduce it's price and be used in applications where magnet fields are not welcome.
The coils are printed as copper traces on a printed circuit board (PCB) and arranged such that the transmitter coil induces a secondary voltage in the receiver coils that depends on the position of the metallic target above the coils. The absolute angle measurement provides instant feedback of the metallic target's angular position with a resolution of up to 12 bit.
Custom product design packaging can be provided to meet any form, fit and function including the choice of wire harness and interface connector.
Inductive sensors are employed in the following fields:
- Machine Tools.
- Motion Systems.
- Material Handling.
- Inspection systems & Test equipment.
- Hydraulic control.
- Factory automation.
- Engine control.
- Machine automation.
- Industry 4.0
• Rotary and linear stroke.
• Rotary Position Sensor measures the angular position of a metallic target over 360° electrical rotational angle.
• AEC-Q100, Grade 0 automotive qualified IC.
• High accuracy. Full resolution for every angle range.
• Wide operation temperature: -40°C to +160°C.
• Supply voltage 4.5 to 5.5V +/-10%.
• Overvoltage and reverse-polarity protection: -14 V to +18 V max.
• Analogue, PWM or SENT output (10 and 12 bits resolution full scale).
• Power or ground loss detection.
• Long linear stroke up to 800mm.
• Stray field immunity, no shielding required.
• ESD and short-circuit protection.
• Cost effective as no magnet is needed (magnet free). Metallic target can be milled into the end of a metallic shaft or be part of the customer’s application.
• Flexible integration and output protocols.
• Virtually unlimited life: there is no friciton or wear.
• Easy assembly.
• Low profile.
• Low power consumption.
• Robust against dust and vibration.
• On-shaft, off-axis, linear and arc sensor design available.
• Applicable for low and high speed applications not lossing output resolution bits.
• Maintains original accuracy for small rotary angles.
• Tolerant to mechanical misalignment in any direction.
• Programmable output slope.
• Suitable for implementation in safety-related systems compliant to ISO26262.
• High accuracy even during acceleration and breaking phases.
• Non sensitive to EM fields.
• Lightweight solution.
• High-Speed Motor Commutation.for industrial motors.
Examples of applications
• e-motor Rotor Position Sensor .电机位置感测 非接触式感应位置传感器
• Brake / Clutch / Throttle pedal sensor.
• Hand throttle position - TPS Throttle Position Sensor. Power boat throttle control.
• Boom arm position.
• Suspension height sensor.
• Steering wheel position or Steer-by-wire.
• Seat position.
• Chassis level position.
• Transmission sensor.
• Joystick control.
• Fin controls.
• Hitch position.
• Bucket position.
• Fork position and hight.
• Mast tilt.
• Telehandler arm position.
• Power trim and tilt angle.
• Crankshaft and camshaft position.
• Motor-shaft resolver replacement.
• Steering torque and angle sensor 2 in 1 sensor.
• Valve actuators position feedback.
• Packaging machines dancer position.
• Process industry pneumatic drives rotary sensor.
• Two-component small angle sensor.
• Brushless (BLDC) motors Rotor position sensing.
• Blade non-contact sensor for turbine and pitch control.
Non-contact position sensors based on Eddy currents measure the linear or angular position of an object without any physical contact. Currently, the use of non-contact technology in the field of precision measurement is rapidly growing. The output is a linear analogue signal, directly proportional to the position os the metallic part. These sensors have an ability to detect the presence of a magnetic field near them, without making contact, leaving no room for friction. Non-contact technology offers reliable measurements, resistance to contamination, and high accuracy to end users. Non-contact position sensors can deliver a longer lifespan and are capable of higher resolution than sensors using contacting technology.