Aerospace Position Sensors
The modern aerospace industry, as well as the automotive sector, require highly-complex products with an extremely high proportion of electronic components and maximum safety requirements. This requires correspondingly complex development and production processes as well as sophisticated interdisciplinary expertise. Piher´s contact-less technology is based on robust, state-of-the-art and proven hall-effect technology that can withstand extreme environments.
Our rugged PST, MTS and PSC series can provide reliable feedback for a number of aerospace applications, such as:
- Valve position.
- Landing gear position.
- Pilot input controls.
- Lever position.
- Actuator position.
- Nozzle position.
- Door position.
- Rudder position.
- Aileron position.
- Servo tab position.
- Flap / slat / stabilize, position.
- Elevator position.
- Wheel position.
- Throttle position.
- Fuel valve position.
- Pedal position.
- Drive by wire systems.
- UHF Radio controls.
- Fighter lighting controls.Pneumatic valves, digital analogue units (DAU), triplex transducer units (pilot's controls to the taileron, Pitch Position Transmitter, rudder and spoiler controls to give good handling qualities at all times (“fly-by-wire”)), data acquisition and processing units (DAPU) and electronic processing units (EPU).
- Landing gear steering sensor.
- HUD aircraft control (brightness, intensity, manual reticle position, contrast).Electromechanical switches.
- Unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs) camera gimbal and cradle angle of attack angle and position miniature sensors.
- eVTOL cabin seats, liners, and window position sensors.
With millions of position sensors sold every year, we have the required experience to quickly adapt our sensors to the customer´s application or design a new custom sensor from scratch in a timely manner.