This programmable Hall effect sensor combines key features not found in other 360° absolute position sensors, including a new switch function. This allows for substantial cost savings in a common package that are critical in safety and high reliability applications. Additionally, the PSC 360 also offers best in class temperataure performance (operating between -40° to +125° C) and impressive accuracy over 360° up to 0.5%. The device offers a programmable linear transfer characteristic capable of multiple positive and one negative slope.
The PSC 360 is offered in two packaging designs: the bushing / panel mount style or the adjustable TPS style with two slotted holes. Both feature a very low profile packaging with heights of only 13mm.
These sensors from Piher are truly non-contacting with a permanent magnet that is securely fastened to the shaft and act as the only moving component in the sensor. The technology itself is insensitive to variations in the magnets properties as well as axial and radial misalignment between the drive shaft and the control electronics. This means significantly improved reliability over temperature and time when compared to other available solutions. Inside, the sensors electronics (sensing system) is precisely positioned near this magnet and is encapsulated in a molded plastic IP 65 rated package. These features are ideally suited to extreme environment exposure where shock, vibration and dust are unavoidable. Further, Piher’s technology is not only true absolute, maintaining its position even after a power interruption, but it also offers full redundancy achieved with a dual core version within the same housing(s). The result is a highly configurable sensor that is completely sealed with a life expectancy of 50 million cycles that provides an ideal solution for the harsh environments found in industrial, agriculture and off-highway applications.
Piher’s non-contacting sensors are highly configurable and include:
• Absolute Position over 360°
• Programmable angular ranges up to 360 Degrees with no dead zone
• Life: 50M cycles
• Dual redundancy available
• Standard Outputs: Analog and PWM (both 12 bit) and Serial at 14 bit
• Up to 0.5% linearity
• Highest temperature Rating at 125° C
• Custom shafts and connectors
• Switch function with programmable position
Specific applications include hand throttle control and throttle position feedback, accelerator and brake pedals, wheel angle for off highway vehicles and tractors, farm implement position feedback, forklift lift and tilt control, suspension height, marine, cranes and airport ground support vehicles.
• Linearity: ±1% absolute (0.5% upon request)
• Simple & Robust Magnetic Design
• Programmable Angular Range from 15 to 360 Degrees (without dead band)
• Programmable Linear Transfer Characteristic
(some positive slopes & one negative slope can be programmed in the same transfer characteristic; up to 4 programmable points; see last page)
• Selectable Analog (Ratiometric), PWM, Serial Protocol
• Programmable switch output
• Angular Resolution (depends on electrical angle and rotational speed)
Analog & PWM: up to 12 bits
Serial Protocol (SPI): up to 14 bits
• Self-Diagnostic features
• Rotational life: up to 50.000.000 cycles
(depending on application and mounting)
• Operating temperature: up to -40ºC to +125ºC (others upon request)
• Over voltage protection and reverse voltage protection
• Supply voltage: 5V/12V/15V ±10% (others upon request)
• Supply current
Typ 8.5mA for single version.
Typ 17mA for redundant version.
• IP67 (others upon request). Customer to seal the PCB connections.
• Non-Contacting long life angle/position sensor
• Absolute Rotary Position Sensor
• Pedal Position Sensor
• Throttle/EGR Valve and Gear Position Sensor
• Height & suspension Sensor
• Non-Contacting Potentiometer
• Float-Level Sensor
• Motor-shaft Position Sensor
• Precision Robotics,industrial equipment,
• HVAC monitoring & control...
This product shows Piher´s competences in sensors for use in harsh environments and custom product tailoring for use on Tier One and OEM platforms.