Advantages of True Power-On Multiturn Position Sensors
True power-on multiturn position sensors revolutionize the field of position sensing by offering unparalleled capabilities and benefits. These advanced sensors provide accurate position measurements even after power interruptions or system restarts, eliminating the need for recalibration or initialization. With zero power consumption for maintaining position tracking, they bring significant energy savings and are particularly well-suited for battery-powered applications.
Unlike traditional position sensors, true power-on multiturn position sensors offer multiturn capability, allowing for precise measurement across multiple rotations without compromising accuracy. Piher provides contactless and touchless absolute position tracking, eliminating the need for additional homing routines or reference points. This feature, combined with their high resolution, ensures precise and fine-grained measurements, making them invaluable for critical applications that require utmost accuracy.
The absence of internal gears affords real contactless operation and IP69 protection rate allows undesired ingress of dust, moisture or water and makes it insensitive to electrical and magnetic interferences.
In addition to their functionality, these sensors boast a compact and integrated design, enabling seamless integration into various systems and devices. Their robustness and reliability make them ideal for deployment in harsh environments, such as industrial or automotive settings, where durability is paramount. Furthermore, by eliminating the need for extra components or complex calibration processes, true power-on multiturn position sensors offer a cost-effective solution for position sensing requirements.
In summary, true power-on multiturn position sensors represent a significant advancement in position sensing technology. Their ability to provide accurate measurements even after power interruptions, combined with zero power consumption, multiturn capability, absolute position tracking, high resolution, and reliability, makes them a preferred choice for a wide range of applications. Whether in industrial automation, robotics, automotive systems, or other fields, these sensors offer enhanced accuracy, energy efficiency, and cost savings, transforming the way we approach position sensing.
- True Power-On Capability: These sensors provide accurate position measurements even after power interruptions or system restarts, eliminating the need for recalibration or initialization.
- Zero Power Consumption: The sensors require no power to maintain position tracking, resulting in significant energy savings and enabling battery-powered applications.
- Multiturn Capability: They offer multiple revolutions of position tracking, allowing for precise measurement across multiple rotations without loss of accuracy.
- Absolute Position Tracking: The sensors provide absolute position information, eliminating the need for additional homing routines or reference points.
- High Resolution: They offer high-resolution position sensing, enabling precise and fine-grained measurements for critical applications.
- Compact and Integrated Design: The sensors come in compact sizes and can be integrated into various systems and devices, making them suitable for space-constrained applications.
- Robust and Reliable: They are designed to withstand harsh environments and offer long-term reliability, making them suitable for industrial and automotive applications.
- Cost-Effective: True power-on multiturn position sensors can provide cost savings by eliminating the need for extra components or complex calibration processes.
Real-life applications where true power-on multiturn position sensors are commonly used
- Industrial Automation: These sensors are widely employed in industrial automation systems, such as robotics, assembly lines, and CNC machines, to accurately track the position of moving parts and enable precise control.
- Automotive Systems: True power-on multiturn position sensors find applications in automotive systems, including throttle control, steering angle measurement, suspension systems, and gearbox position tracking, ensuring accurate and reliable operation.
- Renewable Energy: They are utilized in wind turbines and solar tracking systems to monitor the position of blades or solar panels, optimizing energy generation and increasing overall efficiency.
- Medical Equipment: True power-on multiturn position sensors are employed in medical devices like robotic surgery systems, patient positioning systems, and medical imaging equipment to ensure precise positioning and movement control.
- Aerospace and Aviation: These sensors play a crucial role in aerospace and aviation applications, including flight control systems, navigation systems, engine control, and landing gear position tracking, ensuring accurate and safe operation.
- Packaging and Material Handling: They are used in packaging machinery and material handling systems to track the position of conveyor belts, robotic arms, and sorting mechanisms, enabling precise control and efficient operation.
- Agricultural Machinery: True power-on multiturn position sensors find applications in agricultural equipment such as harvesters, sprayers, and irrigation systems, ensuring accurate positioning and control for improved productivity.
- Construction and Heavy Equipment: These sensors are utilized in construction machinery like cranes, excavators, and loaders to accurately monitor the position and movement of the equipment, enhancing safety and operational efficiency.
- Marine and Offshore Applications: They are used in marine and offshore systems for position tracking of ship components, offshore drilling equipment, and marine navigation systems, ensuring accurate operation in challenging environments.
- Smart Grid and Energy Distribution: True power-on multiturn position sensors are employed in smart grid systems and energy distribution networks to monitor the position of switches, circuit breakers, and transformers, enabling efficient power management and fault detection.