Our sensors make cars smarter, safer and more efficient. We have been a partner to renowned manufacturers of the global automotive industry for decades and are certified according to IATF 16949. Today, we have the capacity to develop components up to ASIL-D safety integrity for critical systems such as braking and power steering.
Together with our clients, we develop sensors for a full range of different vehicle systems, ranging from engine and powertrain to battery systems, from ventilation grill shutters to seat position, from steering to human machine interface.
How can we support you?
Let us know what you are working on, and we will be glad to support your development. Contact us via email or our contact form.
There is a growing need for cost and size optimization in HEV and BEV powertrain development. Inductive motor position sensors offer stray-field immune, precise high-speed measurement of rotor position, thereby offering a compact and cost-effective alternative to traditional technologies, such as resolvers.
Inductive eMotor Rotor Position Sensors
Vehicle Battery Systems
Battery management, motor control and inverters depend on precise measurement of the flowing current to either protect against overload or as basic requirement of the application. Hall-effect current sensors separate the circuit measured from the control circuit and return a signal proportional to the applied current.
Hall-effect Current Sensors
Input and output speed, park-lock position, gear speed and gear position are just a few applications in the vehicle drivetrain that depend on precise position measurement. Based on our expertise we have developed various custom inductive and hall sensors for automotive and truck applications on ASIL level.
In automatic vehicles the gear shift determines the direction of travel of the vehicle. Modern shift-by-wire applications do not depend on mechanical connections but instead transmit an electric signal to the transmission. The position can be measured either contactless or contacing position sensor.
Miniature Contacting Position Sensor
Miniature Hall-effect Rotary Position Sensor
Non-contact pedal position sensors based on inductive or Hall-effect technology are part of modern pedal-by-wire systems that replace conventional mechanical linkages. Depending on the required level of functional safety, redundancy measures can be implemented while retaining the benefits of simple mounting and low-maintenance operation.
Inductive Position Sensors
Hall-effect Position Sensors
Subsystems such as HVACR, mirror memory or fuel level systems rely on position sensors to feedback air damper position, mirror movement or fuel level. Depending on the application, potentiometers, specific HVAC sensors of printed resistors on a PCB can offer a space-saving and cost-efficient solution.
• Cornering/bending lights position sensor
• Heating, ventilating + air aconditioning
• Instrument Panel light dimmers / Headlamp levelling / Headlamp switches + Interior light control
• Mirror memory
• Windshield wiper & blinkers control potentiometer
• Parking radar / convertable hood control
• Seat position
• Power sunroof
• 4x4 four wheel drive selector switch
• Transmission control
• Airbag switch
• Powertrain and drivetrain sensors
• Air mix actuator potentiometer
• Trunk / boot position
• Brake light switch
• Swirl actuator
• Fuel card level sender
• Seat temperature controls
• Turn counter
• Brake, clutch or accelerator pedal position sensor
• Absolute rotary encoder
• Power steering. Rear axle steering and individual steer sensor
• Seat belt switch
• Throttle / EGR valve and landing gear position sensor (pedal, hand throttle lever)
• Motor-shaft position sensor
• Height & suspension sensor
• Shift selector lever position feedback sensor
• Motor-shaft position sensor
• Door/tailgate position sensor
• Motor/movement control (closed-loop feedback)
• Adaptive Front-lighting System (AFS)
• Rear-wheel drive (RWD), all-wheel drive (AWD) and four-wheel drive (4WD) systems. AAM’s Driveline
• Electrical Stability Program (ESP)
• Electrical Power System (EPS)
• Advanced Driver Assistance Systems (ADAS)
• Camshaft position sensor
• Mirror memory sensor potentiometer
• Capacitive touch buttons
• Fuel level sensor
• Door speed and position sensor in cards / Buses / trains
• Cylinder position feedback sensor
• Resolver - wheel speed and position sensor
• Absolute steering wheel angle sensor (gearless)